Tradify is a job management software platform for Australian, New Zealand and UK tradies. In this article, we’ll go through what you need when getting started with Tradify. Let’s go through the basics.
You’ve dived in and signed up to Tradify, what next? The videos below will give you a good demo of Tradify, one for Australian + NZ tradies and the other for UK tradies. Want a demo from a Tradify trainer? Join the waitlist below.
Tradify Set Up
Whether you’re a solo Tradify user or the Tradify Admin for your whole company, you’ll need to know how to get Tradify set up properly.
Key steps for starting with Tradify are:
- Signing up to a free or paid plan
- Following the basics to getting started with Tradify
- Customise your Tradify account
- Update security settings
- Set up Tradify permissions
- Creating your email templates
- Add your billing rates
- Create document themes
- Create your first quote in Tradify
- Create your first job
- Set up your enquiry form
- Assign team members to job types
- Schedule time for jobs
- Create an invoice for your job
- Create a job service report in Tradify
- Set up your Tradify mobile apps
Let’s create a job in Tradify.
Then we’ll schedule a job in Tradify.
We’ll then connect up your Xero account to Tradify so you can invoice your customers.
Then we’ll look at how to use the Tradify mobile app.
Let’s look at how your staff will use Tradify.
We’ll connect up your Google Calendar to sync jobs in Tradify.
Lastly, we’ll set up the appointment reminder text messages in Tradify.
There currently aren’t any Tradify courses available but we do have one in our development queue. Use the form below to join the waitlist.
Tradify offers the following templates:
- Tradify Job templates
- Tradify Quote templates
- Tradify Invoice templates
- Tradify Email templates
- Tradify Job templates
- Tradify Recurring Invoice templates
- Tradify Safety Certificate templates
- Tradify Quote Signature templates
Tradify Trainers, Developers and Consultants
If you’d like a paid online Tradify demo with a trainer or would like an expert to help with Tradify implementation, join our waitlist below.
If you’ve got a tight budget and needed training yesterday, definitely jump on the Tradify YouTube channel or visit their support knowledge base to get quick, basic training. If you’re looking for more comprehensive training, the main benefits you’ll get from one-on-one training are:
- Structured training that is in-context with your skill level
- Question time! You’ve done the training and are wondering how it would best apply to your team? Getting to ask specific questions and get instant answers is gold
- Team engagement as you’re all learning at the same time and you know what everyone knows about the software
- Better user adoption. You’ll have resistance to the training because people hate change but having an engaged trainer to answer objections leads to better user adoption
- Customised training. You’re running a unique business in a specific industry. Get training with your terminology to faster track the learning journey
- Suits your workflow. You run your business in a specific way and the software you use needs to work in a specific way. Get workflow automation training as a bonus!
Training sessions are structured to best suit your skill level, industry, class size and learning outcome requirements.
You’ll get a booking link so you can attend the video session and the session will follow a format similar to:
- Quick introductions
- Putting your Tradify use in the context of your organisation
- Tradify learning content i.e. basics, advanced features, specific workflows
- Tradify questions from your team
- Clarification of any follow-up research for your trainer
- End of session (with option to be sent additional Tradify information, notes and video afterwards)
You’ve booked the session but we know that you might want extras. Request these extras with your training booking:
- Customised videos for your knowledge base. Super useful for new hires and for people to refresh their knowledge
- New hire quick start videos. Get onboarding training that is specific to the needs of your business
- Extra sessions. Everyone busy? Split out the training into short, punchy mini-sessions to better suit training and information retention to your fast-paced workplace
- Edited recording. Trainers are happy to record sessions but you might want an edited video for your team’s use. Request this when you make your booking