You’ve been looking for a place to store your second brain and have fallen in love with Notion. You might have signed up and looked around but you’re a little lost.
Let’s go through the basics so you can get set up with Notion properly.
Getting started with Notion
You’ve dived in and signed up to Notion, what next? The video below will give you a good idea of what Notion can do and the building blocks in Notion.
Help with setting up Notion
Whether you’re a solo Notion user or the Notion Admin for your whole company, you’ll need to know how to get Notion set up properly.
Key steps for starting with Notion are:
- Signing up to a free or paid plan
- Learning the Notion block basics
- See how to set up Notion for your team
- Essential Notion sharing and permission tips
- Learn about searching within Notion
- Some more advanced Notion features
Top Notion questions:
Notion training courses
Before we dive into personal Notion training options, we know that not everyone has time for one-on-one training sessions. If you’re the self-paced course type, check out these top Notion courses:
- Notion Basics Super Easy Crash Course (Udemy) – a quick dive into the basics, lists, subpages, tables, views and more.
- Notion Mastery (Marie Poulin) – one of the most recommended premium Notion courses available covering topics like task management, client collaboration, strategic planning, daily journalling, documentation & SOPs, content management and more.
- Your Notion Beginner’s Guide (Skillshare) – a four-hour course on getting yourself and your team onboarded to Notion quickly.
- How to design a productivity system that helps you grow | Learn with Notion (Skillshare) – learn how to build a foundation, manage information and take action in Notion.
- Notion 101: Organise your personal & work life with ease (Udemy) – learn the basics, understanding Notion databases, advanced tools, collaboration and Notion teams.
Why book a Notion training session?
If you’ve got a tight budget and needed training yesterday, definitely jump on the Notion YouTube channel or visit their support knowledge base to get quick, basic training. If you’re looking for more comprehensive training, the main benefits you’ll get from one-on-one training are:
- Structured training that is in-context with your skill level
- Question time! You’ve done the training and are wondering how it would best apply to your team? Getting to ask specific questions and get instant answers is gold
- Team engagement as you’re all learning at the same time and you know what everyone knows about the software
- Better user adoption. You’ll have resistance to the training because people hate change but having an engaged trainer to answer objections leads to better user adoption
- Customised training. You’re running a unique business in a specific industry. Get training with your terminology to faster track the learning journey
- Suits your workflow. You run your business in a specific way and the software you use needs to work in a specific way. Get workflow automation training as a bonus!
What happens in a Notion training session?
Training sessions are structured to best suit your skill level, industry, class size and learning outcome requirements.
You’ll get a booking link so you can attend the video session and the session will follow a format similar to:
- Quick introductions
- Putting your Notion use in the context of your organisation
- Notion learning content i.e. basics, advanced features, specific workflows
- Notion questions from your team
- Clarification of any follow-up research for your trainer
- End of session (with option to be sent additional Notion information, notes and video afterwards)
Preparing yourself or your team for the session
Ready for your Notion video training session? Make sure you that these steps before the session starts:
- Sign up to Notion and invite any other team members to Notion so they’re able to login
- Ensure that you and your team members have access to a solid internet connection and a quiet space
- Consider using two screens during training (one to show your trainer and one to show Notion) or have an extra tab open in your browser
- Prepare any questions you have about Notion
- Ask your team to watch one of the Notion basics videos above to get a feel for Notion and how it can be used
You’ve booked the session but we know that you might want extras. Request these extras with your training booking:
- Customised videos for your knowledge base. Super useful for new hires and for people to refresh their knowledge
- New hire quick start videos. Get onboarding training that is specific to the needs of your business
- Extra sessions. Everyone busy? Split out the training into short, punchy mini-sessions to better suit training and information retention to your fast-paced workplace
- Edited recording. Trainers are happy to record sessions but you might want an edited video for your team’s use. Request this when you make your booking
Ready for Notion training?
Click on the “Book Notion Trainer” button above or visit this link to book your session.