Build the first Dashboard
We will first sign up and create a basic board, start from scratch and get a company’s HR schedule sorted. They have one really incompetent employee, so you need to pick up the slack. This board can’t be created using a template so you will do everything yourself. Add members, columns and send out notifications.Try different views.
Working with multiple users
Once you’ve done that we will move on to more interesting features. Like exporting and importing from excel. Learnt the concept of guests and shareable boards. This will let you have people who can access boards with the right amount of rights and privileges.
I’m sure you already have many apps in your ecosystem. Slack for communication or GitHub/Gitlab for version control. Send notifications to these systems, or make Monday sensitive to what is going on in them.
Get the ingredients
Learn all the expert tips and tricks. Switch to the timeline view, and then use the search everything functionality. Understand what it means to be a subscriber, and perform actions on sets of data, rather than individual rows. Use the activity log to find the culprit who ruined your board :P. Combine boards by using a column from one board in another and then tying it to a key, kind if like a SQL join. Automate tasks, like alerts when things get done..(or not).
What you’ll learn
- Create Boards in Monday
- Add Teammates and Subscribers to your boards
- Send Teammates notifications
- Use the timeline and location views
- Export and Import Boards to and from excel/google sheets etc.
- Create private and shareable boards with “Guests”
- How to Integrate with Slack, Github and Gitlab
- Send Email Notifications
- How to create teams in Monday
- Use the search functionality
- Check the activity log for past activities
- Combine boards, kind of like a SQL join