You’ve been looking for a single app to replace your to-do lists, project management boards, spreadsheets, emails and time tracking apps and have fallen in love with ClickUp. You can see the power in having everything in one place but want to get ClickUp training so you can use the full potential of the software.
Let’s go through the basics.
Getting started with ClickUp
You’ve dived in and signed up to ClickUp, what next? The video below will give you a good idea on how to set up ClickUp as your CRM (although you can use ClickUp for much more).
Help with setting up ClickUp
Whether you’re a solo ClickUp user or the ClickUp Admin for your whole company, you’ll need to know how to get ClickUp set up properly.
Key steps for starting with ClickUp are:
- Signing up to a free or paid plan
- Understanding the structure of ClickUp
- Creating your first task in ClickUp
- Organising your ClickUp tasks
- Saving layouts in ClickUp
- Using ClickUp templates
Top ClickUp questions:
- Where do I sign up to ClickUp? Sign up here
- Where can I find ClickUp templates? See all their templates here, including bug reports, landing page creation, feature announcements, checklists and more.
- Where can I see ClickUp demos / examples? See ClickUp demo and example videos here.
- Can I connect ClickUp to my other apps? See ClickUp integrations here, including integrations with Slack, GitHub, Everhour, Toggl, Harvest, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and more.
- How much does ClickUp cost? See ClickUp pricing here.
- Where do I find ClickUp desktop and mobile apps? Download the ClickUp macOS, iOS, Windows and Android apps here.
ClickUp training courses
Before we dive into personal ClickUp training options, we know that not everyone has time for one-on-one training sessions. If you’re the self-paced course type, check out these top ClickUp courses:
Why book a ClickUp training session?
If you’ve got a tight budget and needed training yesterday, definitely jump on the ClickUp YouTube channel or visit their support knowledge base to get quick, basic training. If you’re looking for more comprehensive training, the main benefits you’ll get from one-on-one training are:
- Structured training that is in-context with your skill level
- Question time! You’ve done the training and are wondering how it would best apply to your team? Getting to ask specific questions and get instant answers is gold
- Team engagement as you’re all learning at the same time and you know what everyone knows about the software
- Better user adoption. You’ll have resistance to the training because people hate change but having an engaged trainer to answer objections leads to better user adoption
- Customised training. You’re running a unique business in a specific industry. Get training with your terminology to faster track the learning journey
- Suits your workflow. You run your business in a specific way and the software you use needs to work in a specific way. Get workflow automation training as a bonus!
What happens in a ClickUp training session?
Training sessions are structured to best suit your skill level, industry, class size and learning outcome requirements.
You’ll get a booking link so you can attend the video session and the session will follow a format similar to:
- Quick introductions
- Putting your ClickUp use in the context of your organisation
- ClickUp learning content i.e. basics, advanced features, specific workflows
- ClickUp questions from your team
- Clarification of any follow-up research for your trainer
- End of session (with option to be sent additional ClickUp information, notes and video afterwards)
Preparing yourself or your team for the session
Ready for your ClickUp video training session? Make sure you that these steps before the session starts:
- Sign up to ClickUp and invite any other team members to ClickUp so they’re able to login
- Ensure that you and your team members have access to a solid internet connection and a quiet space
- Consider using two screens during training (one to show your trainer and one to show ClickUp) or have an extra tab open in your browser
- Prepare any questions you have about ClickUp
- Ask your team to watch one of the ClickUp basics videos above to get a feel for ClickUp and how it can be used
You’ve booked the session but we know that you might want extras. Request these extras with your training booking:
- Customised videos for your knowledge base. Super useful for new hires and for people to refresh their knowledge
- New hire quick start videos. Get onboarding training that is specific to the needs of your business
- Extra sessions. Everyone busy? Split out the training into short, punchy mini-sessions to better suit training and information retention to your fast-paced workplace
- Edited recording. Trainers are happy to record sessions but you might want an edited video for your team’s use. Request this when you make your booking
Ready for ClickUp training?
Click on the “Book ClickUp Trainer” button above or visit this link to book your session.