Jobber is a powerful field service app for managing jobs and keeping your business organized. In this article, we’ll go through what you need when getting started with Jobber. Let’s go through the basics.
You’ve dived in and signed up to Jobber, what next? The video below will give you a good demo of Jobber so you can see what it does. Want a demo from a Jobber trainer? Join the waitlist below.
Jobber Set Up
Whether you’re a solo Jobber user or the Jobber Admin for your whole company, you’ll need to know how to get Jobber set up properly.
Key steps for starting with Jobber are:
- Signing up to a free or paid plan
- Following the basics to getting started with Jobber
- Set up your company page
- Set up your company branding and PDF templates
- Set up your personal settings
- Adjust your tax rates to suit
- Add your team to Jobber
- Download the Jobber mobile app
- Set up Jobber payments
We’ll start with an overview of the main features of Jobber.
Then you’ll want to look at creating your first client, quote, job and invoice in Jobber.
You’ll also want to watch how to request jobs in Jobber.
There currently aren’t any Jobber courses available but we do have one in our development queue. Use the form below to join the waitlist.
Jobber offer the following templates:
- Jobber Job Form templates
- Jobber Booking Confirmation templates
- Jobber Invoice templates
- Jobber Requests templates
- Jobber PDF templates
- Jobber Quote templates
- Jobber Quote Follow-Up templates
- Jobber Email templates
- Jobber Payment Request templates
Jobber Trainers, Developers and Consultants
If you’d like a paid online Jobber demo with a trainer or would like an expert to help with Jobber implementation, join our waitlist below.
If you’ve got a tight budget and needed training yesterday, definitely jump on the Jobber YouTube channel or visit their support knowledge base to get quick, basic training. If you’re looking for more comprehensive training, the main benefits you’ll get from one-on-one training are:
- Structured training that is in-context with your skill level
- Question time! You’ve done the training and are wondering how it would best apply to your team? Getting to ask specific questions and get instant answers is gold
- Team engagement as you’re all learning at the same time and you know what everyone knows about the software
- Better user adoption. You’ll have resistance to the training because people hate change but having an engaged trainer to answer objections leads to better user adoption
- Customised training. You’re running a unique business in a specific industry. Get training with your terminology to faster track the learning journey
- Suits your workflow. You run your business in a specific way and the software you use needs to work in a specific way. Get workflow automation training as a bonus!
Training sessions are structured to best suit your skill level, industry, class size and learning outcome requirements.
You’ll get a booking link so you can attend the video session and the session will follow a format similar to:
- Quick introductions
- Putting your Jobber use in the context of your organisation
- Jobber learning content i.e. basics, advanced features, specific workflows
- Jobber questions from your team
- Clarification of any follow-up research for your trainer
- End of session (with option to be sent additional Jobber information, notes and video afterwards)
You’ve booked the session but we know that you might want extras. Request these extras with your training booking:
- Customised videos for your knowledge base. Super useful for new hires and for people to refresh their knowledge
- New hire quick start videos. Get onboarding training that is specific to the needs of your business
- Extra sessions. Everyone busy? Split out the training into short, punchy mini-sessions to better suit training and information retention to your fast-paced workplace
- Edited recording. Trainers are happy to record sessions but you might want an edited video for your team’s use. Request this when you make your booking